mMinerals Salt Scrub
This 2 ingredient salt scrub is super easy to make and will take you from dry and drab to glowing after only a few uses!*
We absolutely love this scrub because it incredibly easy to make, even easier to use, and you KNOW it's clean because it only has a 2 ingredients, mMinerals Salt + your choice of Oil! Plus, its super affordable and can be tweaked to your specific skin needs, making this a powerful player on your #healthshelf.
Both Salt and Olive Oil/Coconut Oil have been proven to provide a variety of health benefits for the skin.*
“Salt acts as a mechanical exfoliant and scrub, removing dead skin cells. This leaves the skin feeling smoother, softer, and brighter. Through osmotic actions, salts absorb toxins and draw out dirt and oil. Improved pore size is another benefit,” says Snehal Amin, MD, FAAD, a board certified dermatologist and the co-founder and Surgical Director of MDCS Dermatology, in an article from HealthLine.
And according to oliveoil.com, "Both coconut oil and olive oil are occlusive moisturizers, which means they do a good job sealing moisture in. They're also emollients, so they soothe and smooth the skin for a lush, moisturized feel.
Some studies have found that the medium-chain fatty acids found in virgin coconut oil have impressive antimicrobial properties. These fatty acids, which are a form of saturated fat, make up 65% of the total composition of virgin coconut oil. Lauric acid, which makes up 49%, is particularly effective at killing harmful microorganisms and bacteria."
That's some pretty incredible for such a simple recipe right? But we're not surprised, that's the power of Nature!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Please be sure to tag us on social if you decide to make some of your own!
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons extra virgin or virgin coconut oil
- 1 cup mMinerals Polar Salt
- Optional: 5-10 drops infused oil of choice
- Gently heat the coconut oil on the stove if it’s too solid to mix (this step isn’t necessary if yours is softened).
- Add all of the ingredients to a glass jar and mix well.
- Store the closed jar in your bathroom.
- Use weekly by massaging onto your cleansed body after a shower and then rinse.
- This Salt scrub lasts about 6 months.*
- Avoid using this on your face. This salt scrub is too abrasive for the delicate skin there.