mMagBicarb is USP grade magnesium hydroxide that is tested at a 99.9% purity (no fishy, metal taste). We source our magnesium from the Dead Sea where we also get our other magnesium products.mMagbicarb must be infused into carbonated water in order to create magnesium bicarbonate, like nature intended. Starting with purified water (carbonated spring water can be used)is key and then adding unprocessed salts along with restructuring creates the most potent form of magnesium bicarbonate water in the world. This amazing form of magnesium is essential and felt almost instantly with most people. When combined with our mRelease (magnesium chloride,) number one food sources of magnesium (mCBD+, mBreakfast, mBreakfast fudge ) you can be assured your magnesium levels are being replenished and maintained. Magnesium has a burn rate and it is dependent on our lifestyles. Smoking, drug use, over exercising, stress, poor eating habits all contribute to a higher burn rate which in turn lower our magnesium levels. Magnesium bicarbonates are not replenished by the body and must be consumed daily.
Magnesium bicarbonate or magnesium hydrogen carbonate, Mg(HCO₃)₂, is the bicarbonate salt of magnesium. It can be formed through the reaction of dilute solutions of carbonic acid and magnesium hydroxide.
How to make:
• 1 liter of purified remineralized structured carbonated water – chilled (also called selzter water. Make sure it is just carbonated water with no flavorings or sweeteners. Don’t use club soda because it has added sodium and you will be adding your own balanced salts to the recipe). And you can make your own if you have a SodaSteam or similar.
• 1-2 teaspoons of mMagBicarb. One teaspoon has 375 mg of Mg.
• Structured water with a low mineral content (<50 ppm TDS is best since other minerals tend to compete with the complete reaction of magnesium and CO2.) This is one time when the use of distilled water is recommended. However, be sure to remineralize it with a small amount of natural unprocessed salts according to instructions here. Typically make this several days in advance to give this hungry water a chance to mature and assimilate the minerals.
1. Measure 1-2 tsp of mMagBicarb.
2. Without agitating it, open the chilled liter bottle of carbonated water. When the initial fizzing settles down (but don’t wait too long) slowly add the mMagbicarb and tightly re-cap the bottle to minimize loss of CO2.
3. Shake and set aside for 10-15 minutes. The bottle will harden as the reaction proceeds—then as it nears completion, the sides of the plastic bottle will cave in. This is the reaction:
Mg(OH)2 + 2CO2 > Mg(HCO3)2.
4. Shake the bottle again (several times over the course of the next 20 minutes is ideal) and refrigerate.
5. When the liquid clears, (typically within another 20-30 minutes) the mMagBicarb in the carbonated water should have reacted with the CO2 to become concentrated magnesium bicarbonate water.
6. To make a gallon of dilute magnesium bicarbonate water for consumption, start with about a half gallon of structured water with a low mineral content (see above). Transfer 1/3 liter of the magnesium bicarbonate concentrate (333 ml) into the container and fill the gallon container to the top with more structured water. (also see alternate step 6 below )
7. Mature overnight and store in the refrigerator. Depending on the source of water used for dilution, the pH will end up being between 8.0 and 8.5.
8. Start with 2-3 ounces/day on an empty stomach and work up to 16oz of magnesium bicarbonate water/day—if you want to take therapeutic levels. Drinking too much of this water too fast will cause loose bowel movements.
ALTERNATE STEP 6
6. If you want to make a less concentrated/ more bio-available magnesium bicarbonate water and you are willing to wait several days, add 1 ounce (2 Tbsp) of the concentrate from above to ½ gallon of structured water. Place this in either the Vitalizer, Water Cradle or an ER Device for 4-5 days to mature before consumption. When magnesium bicarbonate water is matured in either of these devices, less of the magnesium bicarbonate concentrate is necessary to achieve the same effect because the water (and accompanying bicarbonates) are more refined and everything is more easily assimilated.). We are not kidding when we say that this method is equally (if not more effective). You can use slightly less than an ounce in the Water Cradle since it holds 7 cups).
How much/when to take
Dr. Beckett has recommended two levels of consumption—a therapeutic and a maintenance level. The therapeutic dose is 2 liters/day on an empty stomach at least 45 minutes before a meal. The maintenance dose is ½ liter/day. Most people should build up to the therapeutic dose – taking 2 or more weeks to get to the 2 liters/day level. Start with 500 ml (1/2 liter)/ day. Break this into 2 does and take one first thing in the morning (or even when you get up at night to go to the bathroom if your morning is rushed) – then later in the day before a meal or before bed – always on an empty stomach. If you take the magnesium bicarbonate water with food, the bicarbonates will be neutralized (and of little therapeutic value) by the stomach acid that is produced when food is ingested. Depending on age and health, take the therapeutic dose for six months to a year, then reduce to the maintenance level. You may also want to take the therapeutic dose for 2-3 weeks out of each year thereafter.
Bicarbonates are the primary transporters of oxygen in the body and are used to buffer acidity, while magnesium is known as the master mineral because it’s vital for bodily functions, yet is deficient in most people. Usually magnesium or bicarbonates come attached to something your body doesn’t need, like sodium bicarbonate, which comes with sodium.
Magnesium Bicarbonate is unique in that both minerals are desperately needed by the body but rarely found together in nature except in some mountain spring water.
Decalcify your body
Calcium is a vital mineral very necessary for us, but like all good things too much is not good. Unfortunately the modern diet provides most of us with too much. Excess calcium needs to be excreted but if your intake is too high can end up being dumped in the soft tissues which causes a hardening and results in many diseases and even death. This product is ideal for decalcifying the soft tissues and provides relief for a numerous conditions, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, gallstones, liver calcification, atherosclerosis, heart palpitations, brain calcification etc.