Blue Butterfly | 2oz
Blue butterfly pea vine is an organic nootropic noted for its bright blue edible flowers that have a shape similar to female genitalia from which it derives its scientific name. Aside from its many culinary uses, the blue butterfly pea vine has been used in Ayurveda as well as traditional Asian and Middle Eastern medicine, and its health benefits are increasingly supported by modern science.
- Nootropic – enhances cognitive functions including heightening intelligence and enhancing memory via acetylcholine localized to the hippocampus
- Anxiolytic – reduces stress and anxiety – calming effect
- Relaxes smooth vascular muscle aiding blood flow
- Analgesic – helps to relieve pain to the extent it is used as a local anesthetic
- Diuretic – promotes excretion of water (urination) which decreases blood volume thereby lowering high blood pressure, also used for fast but typically temporary weight loss
- Anti-inflammatory – the deep blue flowers contain flavonoid pigments similar to blueberries, acai berry, mangosteen rind, etc. that protect the plant. When you drink the flower, the effect is remarkably similar to the anti-inflammatory effect of the plant in nature.
- Anti-Asthmatic – assessed by passive cutaneous anaphylaxis
- Anti-anxiety and depression with the indication that high doses may be adaptogenic
- Anti-diabetic activity by inhibiting glucose intake from the diet
- Anti-cancer and anti-tumor abilities resulting from cyclotides that cause cell death by disrupting cell membrane integrity
- Anti-pyretic – reduces fever by dilating the blood vessels just beneath the skin which increases blood flow near the surface of the skin where the air can more easily cool it.